Last Updated: 10th Nov, 2014
Exabytes Ecommerce Sdn Bhd (“Exabytes Ecommerce”) values your privacy and is committed to the protection of your Personal Data. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Exabytes Ecommerce Sdn Bhd (“Exabytes Ecommerce”) collections, handles and uses your Personal Data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia.
“Personal Data” means information about you such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, your personal preferences, bank account information or any other information that might identify you.
By registering an account with EasyStore or otherwise interacting with EasyStore’s services, or by using the EasyStore website http://www.easystore.co (“Website”), you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by Exabytes Ecommerce and all our suppliers, advertising and promotional partners, and other service providers.
The personal data we collect
Personal Data provided by you. From the point of registration of your account with EasyStore, we will collect and process your personal data. This includes particulars you disclose in our application form or in our EasyStore ecommerce platform.
Personal Data collected by us. In addition to Personal Data you provide to Exabytes Ecommerce directly, personal data may be collected from time to time from a variety of sources, including without limitation, from the cookies used by our Website.
[Cookies are a text file placed into the memory of your computer that may enable Exabytes Ecommerce to identify you and collect information such as the date and time of access, the URL of other webpages being or previously accessed by your browser, during your visit to our Website. Registration for and use of an EasyStore account will require cookies to be enabled for account authentication purposes.]
What we use your personal data for
Exabytes Ecommerce only uses and processes your Personal Data for purposes relating to EasyStore’s services and for the other business activities of Exabytes Ecommerce including without limitation:
- To assess and process your request for our services and products;
- To communicate with you (including for troubleshooting purposes or customer support);
- To carry out market analysis and research, and customer profiling to gauge market trends;
- Or internal administrative purposes;
- To send you information, updates or other materials on our products or services, upcoming events or promotions which may interest you; and
- To provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities or other persons in compliance with its obligations under law.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Save as set out below, Exabytes Ecommerce does not sell or rent, and does not otherwise share your Personal Data with any third party.
Exabytes Ecommerce engages other companies, service providers and individuals to perform certain functions on its behalf and to administer and give effect to commercial transactions via EasyStore. Consequently, Exabytes Ecommerce may provide access to or disclose your Personal Data to such persons as those listed below (not exhaustive):
- Entities within the Exabytes Group of Companies;
- Our business partners (e.g. information technology service providers, insurance providers);
- Banks and financial institutions (including credit card payment processors);
- Professional advisors and external auditors;
- Potential or actual acquirers of the EasyStore business or Exabytes Ecommerce (including their advisers and representatives) as a result of a potential sale of business, acquisition, merger or re-organisation;
- Regulatory and governmental authorities to comply with legal and governmental requirements.
Exabytes Ecommerce uses Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to protect your Personal Data.
Your rights to Access and Correction
You can request to see your Personal Data and, if the Personal Data is inaccurate, you can request that Exabytes Ecommerce update it. You may do so by sending an email to us at email@example.com. Please allow us reasonable time to respond and effect any change.
Withdrawing or Limiting Consent
If you choose not to furnish any mandatory Personal Data requested or wish to withdraw your consent or significantly limit the processing of your Personal Data, you agree that Exabytes Ecommerce may be unable to process your Personal Data, and any corresponding services may be curtailed. When you do so, you acknowledge that Exabytes Ecommerce will not be liable for any losses which you suffer as a result of your own action.
Conflict and Revisions
In the event of any conflict between the English language version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, this English language shall prevail. Exabytes Ecommerce reserves the right to modify, update or amend this Notice from time to time. By continuing to communicate with Exabytes Ecommerce or using EasyStore’s services, you signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments. The current version will always be made available at http://www.easystore.co/legal/privacy