The online presence of a merchant’s business starts with their website. At EasyStore, we understand how a great theme can affect the livelihood of our merchants. Whether it's helping one of our thousands of merchants, or being a resource for the developers and designers who make themes, a EasyStore Theme Specialist is here to create and cultivate beautiful eCommerce for everyone.
As a Theme Specialist you will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on many aspects related to EasyStore themes. We are looking for individuals who can use their communication and technical skills to support our merchants, maintain the themes we create, and curate third-party themes submitted to our theme store. Our team adapts to anything that is thrown their way, and we are constantly collaborating to solve issues that affect themes.
You'll need to:
It'd be great if you have:
- Know HTML5 and CSS3 like the back of your hand
- Have Working knowledge of jQuery (i.e.: do you understand what $(“.hello”).text("text”); does?)
- Have experience creating/modifying themes or web templates (e.g.: Wordpress, Tumblr)
You'll be working on things like:
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git
- Familiarity with the Liquid templating language
- Experience using CSS preprocessors (e.g.: SCSS, LESS) and/or build tools (e.g.: Grunt, Gulp)
- Helping merchants customize their website
- Working with the themes team to fix and update our EasyStore themes
- Reviewing themes that have been submitted to the Theme Store
- Develop ways to better equip our support teams for any theme related questions
- Improve documentation to reduce theme related support debt
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we're looking for, please consider applying, even if you are not able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.